The revived Heat's On Program is back for its second year!
Contractors, Local 601, and Local Supply Houses will be working together to ensure local military veterans have working furnaces for this upcoming winter.
The participating families will include veterans for Operation Endurance and Iraqi Freedom, surviving spouses, and disabled veterans.
The number of veterans we can service depends on the number of service technicians who volunteer.
How You Can Help:
To give back to those who served our country, we are looking for Local 601 volunteers and other volunteers who can fill some of our “support” roles. All steamfitters are encouraged to attend.
- Service Technicians will be assigned 2-3 houses to service during the event. They will be partnered with another Local 601 member (construction, pre-apprentice, etc) who will be an extra set of hands.
- Other volunteer opportunities may include being a “runner” (running supplies, equipment as needed), registration, serve breakfast just to name a few. These would be great opportunities for office personnel, spouses, and older children.
- Donate a raffle prize! We truly appreciate everyone giving of their time and want to give back to our volunteers for their time and efforts. Please contact Amalia Schroeder at email@example.com or 414-543-7622 to coordinate pick-up.
- Suppliers to donate items like filters and other needed items that may come up during the inspection. In addition, we would like to secure several donated furnaces in advance should the need arise.
- Sponsorship opportunities:
Breakfast Sponsor - $1000.00
Lunch Sponsor - Grunau Co
Shirt Sponsor - Butters-Fetting Co.
Date and Time
Saturday Oct 12, 2019 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM CDT
7:00 am – Breakfast & Program
8:00 am – Photos
8:15 am – Service Calls (ends at approx. 12:00 noon)
12:00 pm – Open House Banquet / Lunch